
Hello Allen Family, hope you're all well and happy. This week's challenge is to make a meal from delicious fruits and vegetables that are grown in your area. If you've grown a garden this year, hooray for you! You may enjoy the "fruits" of your labors. If you don't have your own garden, hopefully some kind neighbors will share their produce with you, or you can purchase some at a local farmer's market. Happy concocting!
For Angela (from one word lover to another): concoct |kənˈkäkt| - verb [trans.] - make (a dish or meal) by combining various ingredients (Oxford English Dictionary)
We don't believe in fruits and vegetables in Boston. Okay, maybe we don't believe in edible ones, but I will do my best. Thanks Steph!
ReplyDeletePosted by Bryon -We enjoyed several items from our garden. Salad with fresh cucumbers and tomatoes. We would have had beets too but I burned them while boiling them. Amy concoted delicious stuffed green peppers as well.
ReplyDeleteCorn is on soon maybe I will combine Ryan and Penny's challenge and make pastel de choclo. Those of us who served in Chile know the dish.
Take care all.
I think that garden produce is just about ALL we've eaten lately. I love it! My kids especially love soybeans. If you know anyone who needs zucchini or roma tomatos, send them my way!
ReplyDeleteHello all...I think this is a first for me to comment on a blog, but we just made fresh salsa from the garden. I love it when my 2 year old asks for more "sauce" and tells everyone "no more, 'k'" when she see's someone eating it. There's nothing worse then going to get something to eat just to find out someone else already ate it all.
ReplyDeleteKammie introduced us to Zucchini Cobbler. It must be from that cookbook that tries to disguise vegetables because I could have sworn we were eating apple crisp. Pretty sneaky and yummy!
ReplyDeleteWe did end up having some tomatoes from our garden and they were awesome. We didn't make anything with them, but they sure were delicious!
ReplyDeleteBryon made the best meal from our garden last Saturday. It was Cucumbers and tomatoes mixed in a bowl. Yellow squash steamed and salted with sea salt and butter.
ReplyDeleteThen he took some of our red potatoes and made some parmesan potatoes with fresh basil and parmesan .
He is really an incredible cook. It was delicious and I didn't have to make it or clean up.
Kammie and Laura,
ReplyDeleteI have the best recipe for Zuccini Bread. it is soooo good. You will see why when you read the recipe.
Zuccinin Bread
3 eggs
2 cups brown sugar
1 c oil
3 c flour ( I use 1 cup wheat and 2 c white)
1 t. soda
1T vanilla
1 t baking powder
1 t. salt
1 t cinnamon
2 c zuccini grated
Cream eggs, brown sugar, oil, and vanilla. Stir in flour, soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Mix in zuccini. Bake in 2 greased loaf pans for 35-40 minutes at 350.
Note: My kids like it made with chocolate chips added to the mix and then we drizzle frosting over the top after it has baked.
See, I said it was so healthy!!
I love this challenge! Cheers!
ReplyDeleteSince I don't have much in the way of a garden *glances out the window and the large plot of dirt behind my apartment* I am luckily blessed to mooch off the parents still! They have had a great turn out of tomatoes this year. The rest I was able to get from the Farmers Market and make an Enchilada salad. (sorry I can't verify where the chickens came from... and honestly, don't want to know)