Penny's Challenge: This week, cook a new recipe with some type of foreign language in the title. If you like it, post the recipe!Ryan's Challenge: Using a tic-tac-toe grid place the numbers 1 through 9 (using all numbers) into the grid so that each line adds up to 15. Up, down and diagonally.
Penny, I love your challenge. Thanks for the fun idea! Ryan, I'll try your challenge too. I'm not sure my meager brain can handle it though. :) Hope you're all well and happy! - Stephanie
ReplyDeletePenny, great idea, although I'll be in Utah all week. Does it count if I make jello or something? You know, foreign.
ReplyDeleteRyan, are you prejudiced against those of us that are less smart? I have a long flight to Utah, so I'll see what I can do, but no promises.
Thanks you two!
Great idea to cook! We made "Courgettes Chocolate Bread" and it was fabulous--moist, unburnt (a victory for me), and moderately healthy.
ReplyDeleteHowever, we cheated on the foreign thing; courgette actually translates into zucchini here in N. America. I'll further reveal my nerdosity by adding that the word zucchini didn't show up in English until the 1920s. (oed)
So there's that :)
I made Russian Refresher this week. I can't figure out how it has any connection to "Russia," but it's a tasty powder drink mix you make and add to hot water like hot chocolate. I especially love it when I'm sick or in the mountains. The recipe follows:
ReplyDeleteRussian Refresher Hot Drink Mix - Anne Allen
2 cups Tang drink mix
1 3-ounce package (3 tablespoons) pre-sweetened lemonade drink mix
1 1/3 cups sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
½ teaspoon ground cloves
Mix ingredients together. Add 2-3 heaping teaspoons to 8 ounces of hot water.
I made Chile Cheese Dogs. Because I don't know if some of you know that Chile is a whole other country. Recipe below:
ReplyDelete-Heat up the Grill to high
-Heat up you favorite can of chile on the stove
-Place the desired amount of hot dogs on the grill. Cook until hot dogs of are blackened and blistering. This helps take away the taste of the actual hot dog.
-Place the dog on the bun first, then the cheese and then the chili. This will help to melt the cheese.
-Enjoy your Chilean Cheese Dogs.
Ryan Allen
Ryan, I actually did your challenge and was pleasantly surprised I got it on the first try. A summer miracle of sorts for my brain this week.
ReplyDeletePenny, Sorry I wasn't able to make something foreign as I was in Utah for most of the week. But when I went to buy groceries for my sister, I did realize how cheap groceries are compared to Boston. Does that count? I didn't think so.
Oh, and I gave Annie the challenge Ryan gave us and it took her a little while, but she did it!
ReplyDelete